Your heart is stronger than your mind and is fully capable of healing your relationship with food.
Welcome to the Loving Diet.
It’s time to use your heart to heal the difficult relationship you have with food.
It’s nice to meet you. I’m Jessica Flanigan Brown. My professional practice is as an eating disorder coach specializing in self-compassion. As a Self-Compassion teacher and clinical nutritionist, I’ve helped thousands of people heal — physically, emotionally, psychologically, and spiritually. My work, experiences, and learnings inspired The Loving Diet, a mind-body book supporting those with autoimmune disease, and will serve as the foundation of our journey here together. I’ve been practicing clinical nutrition for 25 years and have added Self-Compassion to my clinical work in the last eight years. I am a trained facilitator and guide to heart-centered self-compassion for eating disorders, reparenting, and core belief work. I am the creator of Transformational Eating, an evidence-based 6-week skills course that uses self-compassion to heal disordered and emotional eating.
My professional interests include disordered and emotional eating at midlife, using self-compassion for chronic illness relapse and orthorexia, and novel gut restoration for IBD and IBS.
I recently graduated from Stanford University School of Medicine’s CCARE Applied Compassion Training program. I live in Northern Californian with my husband and our four daughters.
I offer various functional test options, and advanced gut restoration approaches in my clinical work, along with my Self-Compassion for Disordered Eating online classes and individual coaching.
Fun facts; I’m a Human Design Manifesting Generator, Capricorn, and 1w2 Enneagram. I’m also an identical twin and a longtime meditator. My favorite movies are Contact and Interstellar.
The challenging relationship you have with food is here to awaken you to something that holds a benefit of some kind.
Stanford University School of Medicine CCARE Applied Compassion Training- Certified Compassion Teacher/Educator – 2022
Mindful Self-Compassion 8-week course 2021
Dr. Robert Waterman, private intern 2016-present
Quimby Institute- Certified Noetic Field Balancing Practitioner Training -2017
Certified Clinical Nutritionist, IAACN – 2006
Eastern Illinois University, BS, Environmental Biology- 1994
Podcast Interviews Links
- Funk’tional Nutrition with Erin Holt Episode 229 Nov 1, 2022
- Inner Work: A Spiritual Growth Podcast with Josephine Hardman Ph.D. Episode 143. Oct 2022
- Whole Hearted Eating with Dana Monsees Nov 9, 2022
- The Mindfulness-Based Weight loss podcast Lucia Hawley #227 October 2022
- The Whole View Stacy Toth Episodes 25 & 26 September 2022
- The WellBe Podcast with Adrienne Nolan-Smith, October 2020
- Melanie Avalon Biohacking Podcast with Melanie Avalon, August 2020
- Longevity Advantage, July 2020 (YouTube)
- Well Fed Women with Noelle Tarr, July 2020
- Break The Rules with Lauren Lax, March 2020
- She Thrives Radio with Taylor Gage, December 2019
- The Between Meals Podcast with Beth Manos Brickey, November 2019
- Gut Health Reset with Dr. Anne-Marie Barter, October 2019
- Beyond The Food Podcast with Stephanie Dodier, October 2019
- Essential Omnivore Podcast with Lucia Hawley, December 2018
- Fed + Fit Podcast with Cassy Joy, December 2018
- WISE Women Introverts, Sensitives and Empaths with Ashley Pardo, November 2018
- Heart Food Podcast with Ashley Pardo, September 2018
- Funk/tional Nutrition Podcast with Erin Holt, August 2018
- Unbreakable You Podcast with Meg Doll, August 2018
- Functional Medicine Radio Show with Dr. Carrie Drzyzga, June 2018
- Organic Crumbs with Tami Chu, June 2017
- Balanced Bites Podcast with Diane Sanfilippo, November 2016
- Autoimmune Adventures with Julie Stiles, February 2014
- Secrets to Mastering Menopause: Self-Compassion for Menopause 2022
- Autoimmune Summit (with Elsa Quarsell), May 2021
- Conscious Eating Summit (Dr. Nancy Crowell), June 2019
- Empowered Autoimmune Mastermind Summit Guest Speaker (Ali Le Vere), January 2018
- Further Food Autoimmune Awareness Month Guest Speaker, April 2017
- Feed A Brain Summit (Cavin Balister), February 2017
- The Professional Women’s Weight & Wellness Symposium, January 2016
Live Conference Presentations
- Microbiome Medicine Conference, San Francisco, 2019 & 2018
- Sarah Zielsdorf Functional Medicine Clinic, Chicago, 2018
- The Loving Diet Workshop, Chicago, 2016
Be sure to check out my book, The Loving Diet!
How can we make our life work for us instead of against us? Can the entire nature of disease actually be a gift? Can joy and abundance be yours in unlimited amounts— despite the presence of illness? What is the role of forgiveness and held beliefs in relation to disease? The Loving Diet™ introduces a fresh approach to your current health care plan: Love.
In addition to teaching you exactly how to incorporate care into how you approach your illness, it provides loving affirmations, helpful sidebars, and prescriptive exercises, as well as stories of people who have followed The Loving Diet™ and experienced its extraordinary benefits.